The cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps us understand visitor behaviour, where our visitors come from,how long visitors spend viewing our content and how often they return to our website. This is very important as it allows us to constantly review and improve our site to provide a better experience for visitors.
All recent versions of popular browsers give users a level of control over cookies. You can learn more about how to manage cookies here - www.aboutcookies.org
Carterbench (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data. Carterbench’s registered office is at Fernbank House, Tytherington Business Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 2XA and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2754325. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA420111, and we can be contacted at Fernbank House, Tytherington Business Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 2XA.
Carterbench processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice. The personal data that we collect from is: -
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Skype Address
We collect information in the below ways: -
- Online contact forms, employment CV’s, business cards, both printed and electronic, shared during formal introductions.
Carterbench takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address.
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
You have the right to access any personal information that Carterbench processes about you and to request information about: -
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified. You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use. If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Carterbench takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Carterbench however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to offer some/all of our products or services without it.
Carterbench only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Carterbench only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.